The Carnot institutes network, composed by 34 Carnot institute, is led by “association des instituts Carnot” (AiCarnot). Note that every Carnot institute is automatically a member of AiCarnot.
The Association des instituts Carnot was created to bring together and lead the Carnot institutes network. It organises and structures the network's operations, working with a streamlined team and as part of a flexible organisation in which the Carnot institutes are heavily involved.
To fit with its major partenarial research development goal, AiCarnot leads collective actions for the network around the 4 main axes below :
- Development of the Carnot institutes attractivity for companies
- Support for Carnot institutes partnerial research developmen
- Integration and coordination of the institutes' actions within the network
- Development of the national and the international visibilities of the Carnot network
The Carnot alliances, a grouping of Carnot institutes, have been formed in order to find the best possible solutions for the markets needs
Alliances cover thematic or sectorial areas:
- Information and Communication Technologies, Micro and Nano Technologies
- Mechanics, Materials and Processes
- Sustainable construction
These groupings of Carnot institutes from a same field make it possible to share roadmaps prepared with sector entreprises, to identify technological barriers and propose actions to remove them, and to benefit from complementarity skills of the Carnot institutes to fulfill projects.
For more information: http://www.instituts-carnot.eu/our-network/our-network.html